The Liberal Lie, The Conservative Truth

Exposing the Liberal Lie through current events and history. “Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.” ****** "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." RONALD REAGAN

My Photo
Name:
Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States

Two Reagan conservatives who believe that the left has it wrong and just doesn't get it!

Photobucket
Google
HISTORICAL QUOTE OF THE WEEK - "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Saturday, January 14, 2006

How Reagan Changed my life

As we approach the anniversary of the Reagan inauguration, I keep thinking back to my days in elementary school. At that time I became very aware of politics at a young age. I read and understood thing that most teenagers could care less about at the time. And I owe it all to one man, Ronald Reagan.
After the Carter administration, America needed strong leadership. The kind of leadership that would stare in the face of evil and not back down. America had some foreign policy matters that had been left unsolved in Iran. We also faced the tyranny of USSR. Not to mention an economy that had been left in shambles. Everyone at the time new it would take a determined and strong leader to take us in to the 1980's. And Ronald Reagan was the man for the job.
What I remember most about Reagan was his sense of humor. Even in the most dyer situations, he could always bring a smile to your face. To many of us in the 80's he served as a father figure. A man whom stood for what he believed in, and never backed down.
As a child I needed to see someone like this. My childhood was not the happiest, but I always knew that we were safe, the economy was well off, and by knowing that I could sleep at night without worry.
The biggest effect that Reagan had on my life, well that's hard to say. He stood for all the things I was taught in church and at home. He spoke like people in my hometown, (no big wig Washington talk) and when there was a big problem facing the country, He took it to the American public. Reagan represented the best America had to offer. He often said that America's best asset are it's citizens. You and me. I think that is something that the American people need to hear from politicians. It gives us hope for a better tomorrow. It give us the kind of confidence that helped to build our great nation.
I don't know if we will ever see another Reagan. But we all always looking for one. Every Republican since him has been compared to him, or has invoked his name during campaigns. I always hear people on the street (during campaign season) refer to his name when speaking about this guy or that guy. The effect Reagan had on this nation was a once in a lifetime event. Not only did he change the face of the Republican party, he changed the face of a nation. And for that we will always be grateful.
Thanks Ronnie.
John Oliver Benton III

4 Comments:

Blogger XFI MMA said...

Excellent piece.

I was born around the time Reagan came into office so I don't remember much, but I can tell you what I've learned of him has helped form my views and beliefs. Thanks to you and Magnum, those views and beliefs are magnified and confirmed over and over again.

9:24 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

John,
Thank you for your memories of President Reagan. Knowing you, this post came straight from the heart for a great man who you loved and respected. Great post for a great President and friend.

Ken

10:22 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
cheap ray bans
michael kors outlet
dolce and gabbana
nike roshe
jordan shoes
ugg outlet uk
michael kors outlet clearance
pittsburgh steelers jersey
san diego chargers jerseys

10:58 PM, December 22, 2016  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

chaussure louboutin pas cher
under armour outlet
cheap nike shoes
ralph lauren outlet online
christian louboutin shoes
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
nike blazer
coach handbags
minnesota vikings jerseys
michael kors handbags

4:00 AM, March 28, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Provided by website hit counters website.