The Liberal Lie, The Conservative Truth

Exposing the Liberal Lie through current events and history. “Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.” ****** "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." RONALD REAGAN

My Photo
Name:
Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States

Two Reagan conservatives who believe that the left has it wrong and just doesn't get it!

Photobucket
Google
HISTORICAL QUOTE OF THE WEEK - "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FRED THOMPSON BOWS OUT

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort."

With these words Fred Thompson withdrawals from the 2008 race for the GOP nomination for President. Thompson did not endorse any of the remaining candidates and has not indicated if that will happen he will endorse anyone.

While Fred is no longer in the race you can be sure that he will remain active in the GOP all the way through to the Convention in September and will have a strong say in making the GOP platform at that time.

Also as I wrote earlier today in the preceding post, their is still talk of him taking the number two spot as VP with the GOP nominee. Fred may be out but he is far from finished with maintaining conservative principles in the Republican Party and for the betterment of the nation.

Ken Taylor

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

This is a sad day for FredHeads.

Oh well on we go I suppose.

3:17 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Gayle said...

I expected this, but even so, I'm saddened by it. I wish he had stayed in there at least until the Florida Primary. He could have pulled more votes away from Huckabee. Dang!

I'm probably going to be more of a spectator now than anything. I don't know who to choose from what's left. I have to vote in the Primary though, so this is going to be painful and require much thought.

3:18 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Concerned Citizen said...

Alas, so it ends. I think Romney is looking better all the time now. He has issues, but far fewer than most left in the race.

Is this not a sad day when we are forced to pick the candidate that we dislike the least rather than the one we like the most. We have to pick the least liberal Republican candidate and not the most conservative one.


Grrrrr!

12:05 PM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Well I am in the same pickle yall are.

I am going to have to think who supports the Troops more.

The Troops and National Security mean more to me than anything.

And winning the war.

I have to think and fast, but I will not stay home. I will vote.

I am confused as hell now.

1:27 PM, January 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Provided by website hit counters website.