The Liberal Lie, The Conservative Truth

Exposing the Liberal Lie through current events and history. “Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.” ****** "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." RONALD REAGAN

My Photo
Name:
Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States

Two Reagan conservatives who believe that the left has it wrong and just doesn't get it!

Photobucket
Google
HISTORICAL QUOTE OF THE WEEK - "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Thursday, February 18, 2010

NBC OLYMPIC COVERAGE ONCE AGAIN PLAYS PC GAME

I have always enjoyed watching the Olympic Games, both summer and winter. I stand to my feet and yell at the TV in excitement when members of the USA team race to gold, silver or bronze medals and cheer for the victory. Both for the athlete and the victory for our Nation on a world platform like the Olympics.

One of the proudest moments in any Olympic Games is the moment when the medals are presented and the the gold medalist is from team USA. When the athletes stand on the podium and our National Anthem is played as our flag is raised in tribute to the athlete and our Nation my heart swells with pride hearing our Anthem and seeing our flag wave.

NBC, (National Barackcasting Company), is once again providing television coverage for the 2010 Olympic Games being held in Vancouver, Canada. The United States team is leading in the medal count through the first five days of the games which is a major accomplishment for our team since the Winter Games are not usually as strong for us as the Summer Games.

NBC has covered the past several games both winter and summer and has been criticized for their lack of coverage of USA gold medal ceremonies. Once again the politically correct NBC is failing to show the medal ceremonies when team USA is presented with the gold and our flag flies as the National Anthem is played.

Yet the two gold medals that have been won by Canada, the host nation, have been quickly shown by NBC while neglecting ceremonies for the USA team who after five days of competition has won five gold medals. NBC is playing the PC game to appease the world and the heck with the folks back home.

Once again it is considered to be politically correct to NOT wave the flag and celebrate our Nation when one of our own represents us proudly on the world stage. Waving our flag and celebrating American greatness is consider by the left, of which NBC is center stage, as a disgusting display of right wing madness.

I am a proud patriotic flag waving American who still feels a flutter in my heart when I hear the National Anthem. When our athletes stand on the podium and place their hand on their heart in salute to our flag, tears well up in my eyes as I proudly see my Nation proclaimed to the world through the talents of our great athletes.

But to NBC this is an embarrassment and as such something to avoid showing so as not to offend anyone by showing American greatness. I am sick of the left apologizing for our greatness. I am sick of the left acting as if one who, like me, proudly waves our flag in celebration of our Nation, as right wing terrorists who have a mental problem because we are proud to be an American.

I will always wave my flag. I will always feel pride when I hear the National Anthem. I will always brag on American greatness. And if that means that idiots on the left think I am crazy, then I am a proud flag waving lunatic who understands that our patriotism is one of the attributes that makes us a great Nation.

I will never apologize for America and will always be proud of my country and proud to be an American. If anyone does not like this then I suggest they buy a plane ticket and find another country to live in because if you are ashamed of America and of being an American then you have no business living here!

Ken Taylor

4 Comments:

Anonymous Larry Miller said...

I watched the women's hockey game against the Russian bear a few nights back and was pleased to see all the USA jerseys and American flags in the crowd. I was not so surprised that they were there, just that they were shown. PMSNBC could not prevent the people from displaying their pride in this country. We just need to keep spreading the good word!

9:54 AM, February 18, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the Games last night, and NBC showed the gold medal awards for both the snowboard half-pipe, and (I think) the woman's combined downhill. Ahhh, so lovely to see the gold medal winner, with hand over heart, barely keeping it together with happiness.

B Woodman

3:59 PM, February 18, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

GO USA!!!!!

2:21 PM, February 19, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how does winning a game prove that the US is great?

12:55 AM, April 29, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counters
Provided by website hit counters website.